Benefits of Installing a Cool Mist Humidifier
If you find yourself battling dry skin, chapped lips, or continual cold viruses, you might want to consider a humidifier. It will add moisture to the air in your house so that you can be more comfortable.
The benefits of a cool-mist humidifier can leave you feeling better hydrated and much less prone to catching every little germ that comes your way.
If you need help choosing a humidifier or have questions about your HVAC system, call the experts at Moore Heating. We help make sure your home stays comfortable all year long.
What Does a Humidifier Do?
Humidifiers come in two varieties: warm mist and cool mist. Warm mist humidifiers heat the water to a boil. This heat creates steam that moves into your room to increase the overall humidity. Cool mist humidifiers work differently. As you can guess from their name, they do not heat the water before releasing it into the air.
Cool mist humidifiers come in several different designs:
- Evaporative – This machine uses the warm air in the room to evaporate the water.
- Ultrasonic – This type of cool mist humidifier uses high-frequency ultrasonic waves to evaporate the water.
- Impeller – This device uses a rotating disc to propel the water and then a diffuser to evaporate it.
The Benefits of a Cool Mist Humidifier
There are many reasons to choose a cool-mist humidifier over a warm one. Here are the top five benefits to consider:
- Economical – Because cool mist humidifiers aren’t heating the water, they use far less energy than their warm counterparts. You will enjoy lower energy bills with a cool-mist choice.
- Safety – Warm mist humidifiers are not safe to use in children’s rooms due to the risk of hot water burns. Cool mist options do not have that problem but still provide the moisture that helps keep your child healthy.
- Climate Comfort – For those in hot, dry areas, a warm mist humidifier might not feel so great. But a cool-mist machine doesn’t heat your space, helping you to feel more comfortable.
- Respiratory Help – Dry throat and nasal passages make it easy for viruses to settle in for the long haul. To help avoid respiratory infections and asthma attacks, you need to add some moisture into your room with a humidifier.
- Skin Relief – Help avoid or alleviate the dry, itchy skin that can come during the winter months. A humidifier helps keep your skin hydrated.
We’ll Keep You Comfortable
If your home doesn’t feel as comfortable as you’d like, the crew at Moore Heating can help. From heating to cooling, service to installation, we have you covered. Give us a call today to set up a consultation.