The Pros and Cons of a Ductless Cooling System
Are you asking yourself if a ductless cooling system is best for your house this summer? You may think all air conditioning units are the same and perform the same job, but a ductless mini-split air conditioner is entirely different than a traditional unit. In this blog we are going to touch on what exactly going ductless means, the pros and cons of a ductless cooling system are and seeing if it’s beneficial for you and your home this summer in Alaska.
Ready to experience comfort on a whole new level? Call us today!
Going Ductless This Summer? Here’s What You Need to Know
You may be wondering what going ductless means. Well, it’s simple. It basically means no ductwork; imagine that! If you aren’t looking to cool down the entire house at once, then a ductless cooling system may be the best fit for you. A ductless cooling system is an indoor unit that is directly placed in each room for individual heating and in this case, cooling. Ductless air conditioners work to distribute cool air more evenly and efficiently in a specific room for desired comfort levels on a daily basis.
The most popular ductless cooling system is also called mini-split air conditioners. Mini-split air conditioners come equipped with two important components: an outdoor compressor and an indoor unit.
The Pros of a Ductless Cooling System
Before purchasing a ductless cooling system, it’s important to know the pros and cons of why this type of cooling unit is different from a traditional unit. The pros of a ductless cooling system are:
- They’re easier to install – Since mini-split air conditioners do not require any ductwork, all that needs to be done is puncturing some small holes into the wall to accommodate refrigerant lines, and boom, you’re all set and ready to go!
- They save you more money – Ductless systems are truly energy and cost-saving superstars.
- Cool and warm air is more evenly distributed – Since ductless air conditioners only focus on the cooling and heating of individual rooms, this makes air move more evenly and efficiently in the desired areas in your home, making living more comfortable.
- It allows more airflow – Do you suffer from extreme allergies such as air pollutants, dust, and mildew? Ductless systems contain air purifier filters that help eliminate unwanted allergies inside the home.
- They’re smaller in size making them fit more easily in compact places – That’s right. When you invest in a mini-split air conditioning unit, you will notice how much smaller they are in comparison to any traditional unit.
- More aesthetically pleasing appearance than a traditional unit – Traditional units can look a bit unusual and feel out of place in your home. With a ductless system, these are guaranteed to blend in more with the aesthetic of your home.
The Cons of a Ductless Cooling System
Now that you have an understanding of the pros of why purchasing a ductless cooling system might be beneficial for you and your family, here are some of the cons you should be aware of.
- Be prepared to spend – Mini-split air conditioners can be more on the pricier side which is why some people steer away from investing in an appliance like this, but it limits the amount of ductwork needed on a traditional unit, plus they are a huge energy saver!
- They can appear bulky even in small spaces – Investing in a ductless system is entirely up to the homeowner, and some homeowners simply do not like the way mini-split systems look. But again, it’s all about preference.
- Regular maintenance – Just like any other product or appliance you own in your home, you know there needs to be maintenance performed on it every so often. Be aware that even a ductless mini-split cooling system may need regular maintenance check-ups.
Moore Heating Supplies All Your Mini-Split Cooling Systems
Whether you’re looking for an air conditioner that will get you through this summer or a better, more efficient level of cooling comfort, Moore Heating has got you covered. Here at Moore Heating & Plumbing, we guarantee 100% satisfaction to our customers. We want your HVAC system to run more powerfully than ever and with summer creeping upon us, you’ll want to make sure you grab your Lennox air conditioners today! If you’re looking for ductless cooling systems that are energy-efficient and cost-effective, check out Lennox’s Mini-Split Air Conditioners.
Interested in the many benefits of what a ductless system can do for you? Get in contact with us today!